POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linenumbers in Warnings - bug or feature? : Re: Linenumbers in Warnings - bug or feature? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linenumbers in Warnings - bug or feature?
From: Ken
Date: 8 Sep 2001 16:35:45
Message: <3B9A8208.726A47FF@pacbell.net>
Ian Burgmyer wrote:

> The image will render on both 3.1g and 3.5b1 for me just fine (well, no
> lights, of course).  The older versions handled it the same way (as a
> warning rather than an error), except it did not return a line number like
> 3.5 now does.  I don't really see what the problem is.

I issued a bugreport a long time ago about no line number given for no
pigment warnings in v3.1g. I presume this is the fix that Ron had
promised. He mentioned that it was not an easy thing to do. For example
if your no pigment warning comes from deep within a deeply nested loop
isolating the exact location and giving a line warning is extrememly
difficult to isolate. It may create more overhead than is acceptable
to get this level of error checking.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group